Author : S.Jayasri 1
Date of Publication :22nd March 2018
Abstract: A network is a series of points or nodes interconnected by communication paths. The purpose of a network is to enable sharing of files and information between multiple systems. Wireless Sensor Networks usually battery powered, and very energy constrained, the present main challenge is the energy efficiency. Now-a-day’s sensor networks are static, if anyone of the node gets failed, the entire data will be lost. Moreover, all the nodes are active during the communication between only two nodes so that remaining nodes are also using the power. Due to that, power consumption is high and sensor node’s life gets reduced. In the proposed system sensor networks are dynamic and asynchronous. The nodes are placed randomly over the area of interest and their first step is to detect their immediate neighbours. Distributed traffic flow consolidation algorithm is proposed in which only the two nodes in communication are alone active and remaining nodes are in sleep state and remain as deactivated nodes so as to reduce the power consumption.
- K. Zheng and X. Wang, “Dynamic control of flow completion time for power efficiency of data center networks,” in ICDCS, 2017.
- A. Hammadi et al., “Review: A survey on architectures and energy efficiency in data center networks,” Comput. Commun., 2014.
- P. Delforge, “America’s data centers consuming and wasting growing amounts of energy,” http://www.nrdc.org /energy / data-center-efficiencyassessment.asp, 2015.
- “Data center efficiency: How we do it,” 2012. [Online]. Available: http://www.google.com/about/datacenters/effici enc y/internal/
- M. Alizadeh et al., “pFabric: Minimal near-optimal datacenter transport,” in SIGCOMM, 2013.
- Xin Ming Zhang, En Bo Wang, Jing Jing Xia and Keun Sung,” A Neighbour Coverage-Based Probabilistic Rebroadcast for Reducing Routing Overhead in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, Vol.12, 2013.
- X. Wang et al., “Correlation-aware traffic consolidation for power optimization of data center networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2016