Author : D.Ashvini alias lakshmipriya 1
Date of Publication :29th March 2018
Abstract: Intelligent Vehicle Parking lot Locator (IVPL) is the smart parking lot locating system proposed using Image processing Technology in MATLAB. The system takes vehicle number plate information as input in the front end interface and shows the location of the vehicle in the parking lot to help the driver to know the parked location. As a rising usage of the smart parking system, cameras are installed in parking lots for surveillance and occupancy detection. Still, images and streaming videos of the parked vehicles are taken as input. The number plate details of these taken car images are extracted by License Plate Recognition (LPR) technique. To identify the parking location of a particular car, the proposed IVPL will map the number plate details of that car given by the driver with the output of LPR. As a result, it will display the required parked car image with the confirmation message to the driver so as he can reach his vehicle easily. The Key benefit of IVPL is to save the precious time-especially in airports, train station, shopping mall etc where the parking area is very large and to eliminate any stress and frustration caused when looking for the unknown parked location.
- By Insurance.com: Biggest driving embarrassments: Forgetting where one parked and driving over curbs, May 11, 2014.
- Chetan Sharma and Amandeep Kaur (2011), “Indian Vehicle License Plate Extraction and Segmentation”, International Journal of Computer Science and Communication, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 593-599.
- Kumar P, Member, IEEE and Kumar.P.V (2010), “An Efficient Method for Indian Vehicle License Plate Extraction and Character Segmentation”, IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research.
- Muhammad H Dashtban, Zahra Dashtban, Hassan Bevrani (2011), “A Novel Approach for Vehicle License Plate Localization and Recognition”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 26– No.11
- R. T. Lee, K. C. Hung and H. S. Wang(2012),“Real Time Vehicle License Plate Recognition Based on 2D Haar Discrete Wavelet Transform”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 4, ISSN 2229- 5518.
- Suri. Dr. P.K, Verma Er. A (2010),” Vehicle Number Plate Detection using Sobel Edge Detection Technique”, International Journal of Computer Science and Technology, ISSN: 2229 – 4333, IJCST Vol. 1, Issue 2.
- Ozbay.S, and Ercelebi.E (2005),” Automatic Vehicle Identification by Plate Recognition”, Processing of world academy of science engineering and technology vol9, ISSN 1307-6884.
- Stuti Asthana, Niresh Sharma, Rajdeep Singh (2011), “Vehicle number plate recognition using multiple layer back propagation neural networks”, International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering (IJCTEE), Volume 1, Issue 1.