Author : Ankita Gajanan Tandale 1
Date of Publication :21st June 2018
Abstract: Content-based image retrieval (CBIR) is a technique used for retrieving similar images from the large collection of image database. CBIR basically responsible for extracting features of images. A ‘feature’ means anything that is localized, meaningful and detectable. Almost all the CBIR techniques start from the query by example i.e. one image. The system first extracts the feature of the query image, searches the database for images with similar features, and exhibits relevant images to the user in order of similarity to the query. In this, the content of the image is nothing but the features of the image like color, texture and shape etc. This paper presents review of different CBIR techniques which are helpful for finding relevant images for the query image
- Sandhya R. Shindeet al., “Experiments on Content Based Image Classification using Color Feature Extraction”,IEEE, 2015.
- Manimala Singha, “Content Based Image Retrieval using Color and Texture” Signal & Image Processing: An International Journal (SIPIJ) Vol.3, No.1, February 2012.
- M. Rehman, M. Iqbal, M. Sharif and M. Raza, “Content Based Image Retrieval: Survey”, DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2012.19.03.1506,World Applied Sciences, vol. 19, no. 3, (2012), pp. 404-412, ISSN 1818- 4952; IDOSI Publications, 2012
- Manpreet Kaur, “A Novel Technique For Content Based Image Retrieval Using Color, Texture And Edge Features”,
- Hamid A. Jalab, “image retrieval system based on color layout descriptor and Gabor filters”, ICOS2011, September 25-28, 2011
- Majid Fakheri , Mehdi C. Amirani, and Tohid Sedghi, “Gabor wavelets and GVF functions for feature extraction in efficient content based color and texture images retrieval”,978-1-4577-15358/11/$26.00 ©2011 IEEE.
- Zhi- chun Huang, Patrick P.K. Chan, Wing W.Y.Ng, and Daniel S. Yeung, “content based image retrieval using color moment and Gabor texture feature”, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Qingdao, 11-14 July 2010.
- Ramamurthy, B. and K.R. Chandran, “Content Based Medical Image Retrieval with Texture ContentUsing Gray Level Cooccurrence Matrix and K-Means Clustering Algorithms”Journal of Computer Science 8 (7), ISSN 1549- 3636, pp. 1070-1076, 2012.
- Rajshree S. Dubey , “Image Mining using Content based Image Retrieval System”, IJCSE) International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering Vol. 02, No. 07, pp. 2353-2356, 2010.
- Sagar Soman, Mitali Ghorpade, Vrushali Sonone, Satish Chavan, “Content Based Image Retrieval using Advanced Color and Texture features”, International Conference in Computational Intelligence (ICCIA) 2012.