Author : Anil Kumar 1
Date of Publication :21st June 2018
Abstract: Database is used for storage of information in Software Applications. Normally, traditional RDBMS are used for storage purposes but with applications generating enormous amount of data, RDBMS is no longer efficient because RDBMS doesn’t support quick data access and computations as it do not support processing of data in distributed manner. To overcome this problem, NoSQL based MongoDB is emerged which is document oriented database, it stores the data in the form of collections rather than tables therefore it supports quick data access and computations in distributed way and it provides flexibility by not enforcing the particular schema to be followed throughout. But very often MongoDB fails to provide security to the user data, which is very important these days. In this paper, security for users data is provided by using additive homomorphic asymmetric cryptosystem which encrypts the users data in MongoDB(CryptMDB) and achieve strong user’s data privacy protection. This also supports the database operations over the encrypted data
- Z. Zhang, K. Barbary, F. A. Nothaft, E. R. Sparks, O. Zahn, M. J. Franklin, D. A. Patterson, and S. Perlmutter, ―Kira: Processing astronomy imagery using big data technology,‖ IEEE Transactions on Big Data, 2016.
- J. Chen, Q. Jiang, Y. Wang, and J. Tang, ―Study of data analysis model based on big data technology,‖ in IEEE International Conference on Big Data Analysis (ICBDA), March 2016, pp. 1–6
- R. A. Popa, C. M. S. Redfield, N. Zeldovich, and H. Balakrishnan, ―Cryptdb: Protecting confidentiality with encrypted query processing,‖ in Proceedings of the TwentyThird ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles. ACM, 2011, pp. 85–100.
- Deshmukh, A. Pasha, and D. Qureshi, ―Transparent data encryption solution for security of database contents,‖ International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 25– 28, March 2011.
- R. A. Popa, N. Zeldovich, and F. H. Li, ―An idealsecurity protocol for order-preserving encoding,‖ in IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. IEEE, 2013, pp. 463– 447.