Author : Masarath Begum 1
Date of Publication :27th September 2018
Abstract: Cloud computing has become an area of discussion among users in computing field benefiting users by providing many services. The services are based on pay as you use, one of the major services include place for storage and other required resources [1, 2]. Though people believe it to be difficult area to understand but the simplest way to understand cloud computing is to consider the experience dealing with the e-mail services on the web.Cloud computing is a huge area which basically provides many services on the basis of pay as you go. One of the fundamental services provided by cloud is data storage. Cloud provides cost efficiency and an efficient solution for sharing resource among cloud users. A secure and efficient data sharing scheme for groups in cloud is not an easy task. On one hand customers are not ready to share their identity but on other hand want to enjoy the cost efficiency provided by the cloud. It needs to provide identity privacy, multiple owner and dynamic data sharing without getting effected by the number of cloud users revoked. In this paper, any member of a group can completely enjoy the data storing and sharing services by the cloud. A secure data sharing scheme for dynamic cloud users is proposed in this paper. For which it uses group signature and dynamic broadcast encryption techniques such that any user in a group can share the information in a secured manner. Additionally the permission option is proposed for the security reasons. This means the file access permissions are generated by the admin and given to the user using Role Based Access Control (RBA) algorithm. The file access permissions are read, write and delete. In this, owner can provide files with options and accepts the users using that option. The revocation of cloud user is a function generated by the Admin for security purpose. The encryption computational cost and storage overhead is not dependent on the number of users revoked. We analyze the security by proofs and produce the cloud efficiency report using cloudsim. General Terms Security,storage,revocation,cloudsim,confidentiality,braodcasting.
- Xuefeng Liu, Yuqing Zhang Boyang Wang, and Jingbo Yan, “Mona: Secure Multi-Owner Data Sharing for Dynamic Groups in the Cloud,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PARALLEL AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS, VOL. 24, NO. 6, JUNE 2013.
- S. Kamara and K. Lauter, “Cryptographic Cloud Storage,” Proc.Int’l Conf. Financial Cryptography and Data Security (FC), pp. 136-149, Jan. 2010.
- S. Yu, C. Wang, K. Ren, and W. Lou, ”Achieving Secure, Scalable,and Fine- Grained Data Access Control in Cloud Computing,” Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 534- 542, 2010.
- M. Kallahalla, E. Riedel, R. Swaminathan, Q.Wang, and K. Fu,”Plutus: Scalable Secure File Sharing on Untrusted Storage,” Proc.USENIX Conf. File and Storage Technologies, pp. 29-42, 2003.
- G. Ateniese, K. Fu, M. Green, and S. Hohenberger, ”Improved Proxy Re-Encryption Schemes with Applications to Secure Distributed Storage,” Proc.Network and Distributed Systems Security Symp. (NDSS), pp. 29-43, 2005.
- R. Lu, X. Lin, X. Liang, and X. Shen, ”Secure Provenance: The Essential of Bread and Butter of Data Forensics in Cloud Computing,” Proc. ACM Symp. Information, Computer and Comm.Security, pp. 282-292, 2010.
- C. Delerablee, P. Paillier, and D. Pointcheval, Fully Collusion Secure Dynamic Broadcast Encryption with Constant-Size Ciphertexts or Decryption Keys, Proc. First Intl Conf. Pairing-Based Cryptography, pp. 39-59, 2007.
- E. Goh, H. Shacham, N.Modadugu, and D. Boneh, Sirius: Securing Remote Untrusted Storage, Proc. Network and Distributed Systems Security Symp. (NDSS), pp. 131-145, 2003.