Author : Ahmad Alshammari 1
Date of Publication :27th September 2018
Abstract: MIMO networks are providing a perfect solution to increase throughput of the data. Basically, MIMO networks are based on multiple receivers and transmitters. These multiple transmitters and receivers are providing best performance with secure data transmission. This paper is focusing on MIMO networks, like how these networks are being used to reduce transmission cost, because MIMO is using digital signal processing technique known as beamforming. This technique is quite helpful to improve the signal quality, signal interference problem can be reduced and overall data quality is also improve by using this beamforming technique. This paper is going to discuss all functions and working process of beamforming. Security is another main requirement of any network, MIMO networks are providing advance security for wireless networks. Fading of signals can be reduced by using MIMO. But still MIMO networks are not secure enough, because network is sending data to the receivers without any authentication and MIMO networks are also broadcasting data. The adaptive transmit processes can easily increase the capacity of the channel and this will also improve the security of MIMO networks. Last part of the paper is based on the performance and cost gain of the MIMO wireless networks. MIMO is using multiple antennas on both sides to improve the spectral efficiency of the network, because when multiple antennas are used on both sides, then spatial multiplexing is also increase. MIMO technique is a best choice to improve the security of wireless networks. And also it is quite helpful to increase network capacity.
- Almradi, A. (2015). Information and Energy Beamforming in MIMO Wireless Powered Systems.
- Almradi, A., & Hamdi, K. A. (2016). The performance of wireless powered MIMO relaying systems with energy beamforming. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC). IEEE.
- Amarasuriya, G., & Poor, H. V. (2015). Wireless Information and Power Transfer in Multi-Way Relay Networks with Massive MIMO. 2015 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM). IEEE.
- Amarasuriya, G., Liu, S., & Poor, H. V. (2016). Wireless energy harvesting massive MIMO relays. 2016 IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM). IEEE.
- Asha, S. (2016). Security Reliability Trade off Analysis of Multi-Relay Aided Decode-and-Forward Cooperation Systems with Multiple Destinations. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) 16.9 , 86.
- Chen, X., Chen, J., & Liu, T. (2015). Secure transmission in wireless powered massive MIMO relaying systems. Performance analysis and optimization.
- Ding, H., & al, e. (2016). On the Effects of LOS Path and Opportunistic Scheduling in Energy Harvesting Relay Systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- Ding, Z. e. (2015). Application of smart antenna technologies in simultaneous wireless information and power transfer. IEEE Communications Magazine 53.4 , 86- 93.
- Hampton, J. R. (2013). Introduction to MIMO communications. Cambridge University Press.
- Jameel, F. (2016). Asymptotic Analysis of Secrecy Capacity in Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks.