Author : P.K Arpitha 1
Date of Publication :20th March 2019
Abstract: In this paper, design and development of a multiple sensors based fire extinguisher robot is proposed and implementation is demonstrated with a brief discussion of construction and operation. The developed fire extinguisher robot can be operated in multiple modes using the DTMF and Bluetooth remote control as well as GSM and GPS technology. Basically, three different sensors of flame sensor, temperature sensor, and smoke sensor have been used to ensure proper detection of fire. The robot can be controlled using both DTMF remote control and Android smartphone and can be operated in three different modes. The first mode allows full autonomous operation of the robot which can be activated by the user or by the robot itself based on the situation. The second mode is a line following mode where robot follows a black drawn line to detect fire and the third mode is complete manual operation using remote control.
- T. Khoon, P. Sebastian and A. Saman, "Autonomous Fire Fighting Mobile Platform", Procedia Engineering, vol. 41, pp. 1145-1153, 2012.
- U. Prasanna and M. Prasad, "Automatic Fire Sensing and Extinguishing Robot Embedded With GSM Modem", International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, vol. 2, no. 4, 2013.
- J. Setiawan, M. Subchan and A. Budiyono, "Virtual Reality Simulation of Fire Fighting Robot Dynamic and Motion", in International conference on intelligent unmanned systems., Indonesia, pp. 57-63, 2016.
- W. Dubel, H. Gongora, K. Bechtold, and D. Diaz, "An autonomous firefighting robot", Course EEL 566C Project Report,University of Florida, Dept. Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2003.
- A. Dhumatkar, S. Bhiogade, S. Rajpal, D. Renge and P. Kale, "Automatic Fire Fighting Robot", International Journal of Recent Research in Mathematics Computer Science and Information Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 42-46, 2015.
- S. Mathew, G. Sushanth, K. Vishnu, V. Nair and G. Kumar, "Fabrication of Fire Fighting Robot", International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 375-383, 2016
- J. Undug, M. Arabiran, J. Frades, J. Mazo and M. Teogangco, "Fire Locator, Detector and Extinguisher Robot with SMS Capability", 2015 International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM), 2015.
- S. Dearie, K. Fisher, B. Rajala and S. Wasson, "Design and construction of a fully autonomous fire fighting robot", Proceedings: Electrical Insulation Conference and Electrical Manufacturing and Coil Winding Conference (Cat. No.01CH37264), 2001
- I. Verner and D. Ahlgren, "Education Design Experiments in Robotics", 2006 World Automation Congress, 2006.
- "Carbon Monoxide & Flammable Gas Sensor MQ9", www.pololu.com, 2016. [Online]. Available:http://www.pololu.com/file/0J314/MQ9.pdf.
- "Arduino – Arduino Board Mega2560", Arduino.cc [Online]. Available: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560.
- "LM35 Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensors", www.ti.com, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm35.pdf
- "Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC - SR04",www.micropik.com, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.micropik.com/PDF/HCSR04.pdf.
- "Sim 808 Hardware Design V1.00", www.adafruit.com, 2014. [Online]. Available:http://cdnshop.adafruit.com/datasheets/SIM808_Hardware+ Design _V1.00.pdf.
- Yun Chan Cho and Jae Wook, “Remote robot control system based on DTMF of mobile phone”,6th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics, 2008 (INDIN 2008), pp. 1441 – 1446, 2008.