Author : Itisha Singh 1
Date of Publication :30th April 2019
Abstract: This paper represents that photovoltaic and fuel cells provide an additional method of acquiring energy, converting sunlight directly into electricity and other form of energy through the use of semiconductors .This paper also tells about modern applications and investigation on incredible solar energy in real World. The Sun is the ultimate source of energy. Here we are focusing on ‘Photovoltaic and Fuel Cells application in Remote Areas’ This Paper also deals with the various utilities of solar energy and makes life comfortable & nature friendly. Solar energy is an important, clean, cheap and abundantly available renewable energy.
- Hristiyan Kanchev, Di Lu, Frederic Colas, Member, IEEE, Vladimir Lazarov, and Bruno Francois, Senior Member, IEEE “Energy Management and Operational Planning of a Microgrid With a PV-Based Active Generator for Smart Grid Applications” vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 4583 - 4592 October 2011.
- Georg Hille, Werner Roth, and Heribert Schmidt, „„Photovoltaic systems,‟‟ Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems, Freiburg, Germany, pp. 25 – 28, March 1995.
- OKA Heinrich Wilk, „„Utility connected photovoltaic systems,‟‟ contribution to design handbook, Expert meeting Montreux, pp.19–21, October 1992, International Energy Agency (IEA).
- R. Messenger and J. Ventre, “Photovoltaic Systems Engineering”. London, UK: CRC Press, pp. 25- 28, 2004.
- Chapin, D. M., C. S. Fuller, & G. L. Pearson, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc., Murray Hill, New Jersey “A New Silicon p-n Junction Photocell for Converting Solar Radiation into Electrical Power” Journal of Applied Physics, Volume 25, Issue 5, pp. 676-677 May 1954.
- Hohm, D. P. & M. E. Ropp “Comparative Study of Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithms” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, page 47-62, November 2002
- Hussein, K. H., I. Muta, T. Hoshino, & M. Osakada “Maximum Photovoltaic Power Tracking: an Algorithm for Rapidly Changing Atmospheric Conditions” IEE Proceedings – Generation, Transmission and Distribution – v. 142 January 1995, page 59-64
- Koutroulis, Efichios, Kostas Kalaitzakis, Nicholas C. Voulgaris “Development of a Microcontroller-Based, Photovoltaic Maximum Power Point Tracking Control System” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 1, January 2001, page 46-54
- Eftichios Koutroulis, Kostas Kalaitzaiis and Nicholas C. Voulgaris, Development of a microcontroller-based, photovoltaic maximum power point tracking control system, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No.1, Jan., 2001, pp. 46-54.
- M. Veerachary, T. Senjyu, and K. Uezato, “Voltage-based maximum power point tracking control of PV system,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 38, no. 1, 2002, pp. 262-270.