Author : Prof. Samleti Sandeep Dwarkanath 1
Date of Publication :3rd August 2020
Abstract: Inline of vast growth of Internet based uses in recent years, necessity for the security of computer based applications have increased manifolds. As a major source of defense against all the attacks coming its way that needs to adopt to the ever changing threats coming its way. Techniques like machine learning and deep learning can be employed to recognize the reliable detection of anomalies. Anomalies can affect the performance of wireless sensor networks
- Gungor, V.C.; Lu, B.; Hancke, G.P. Opportunities and challenges of wireless sensor networks in smart grid. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2010, 57, 3557–3564
- Rassam, M.A.; Maarof, M.A.; Zainal, A. A survey of intrusion detection schemes in wireless sensor networks. Am. J. Appl. Sci. 2012, 9, 1636–1652.
- J. Zheng and B. X. Zhang, Wireless Sensor Network Technology, China Machine Press, 2012.
- I. Butun, S. D. Morgera, and R. Sankar, “A survey of intrusion detection systems in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 266–282, 2014.
- A. Ghosal and S. Halder, “A survey on energy efficient intrusion detection in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 239–261, 2017
- B. B. Zarpelão, R. S. Miani, C. T. Kawakani, and S. C. de Alvarenga, “A survey of intrusion detection in Internet of Things,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 84, pp. 25–37, 2017.
- Zhang, F.; Kodituwakku, H.A.D.E.; Hines, W.; Coble, J.B. Multi-Layer Data-Driven Cyber-Attack Detection System for Industrial Control Systems Based on Network, System and Process Data. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inform. 2019, 15, 4362–4369.
- A. Abduvaliyev, A. S. K. Pathan, Jianying Zhou, R. Roman, and Wai-Choong Wong, “On the vital areas of intrusion detection systems in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1223–1237, 2013.
- Elmasry, Wisam, Akhan Akbulut, and Abdul Halim Zaim. "Evolving deep learning architectures for network intrusion detection using a double PSO metaheuristic." Computer Networks 168 (2020): 107042.
- Naseer, Sheraz, Yasir Saleem, Shehzad Khalid, Muhammad Khawar Bashir, Jihun Han, Muhammad Munwar Iqbal, and Kijun Han. "Enhanced network anomaly detection based on deep neural networks." IEEE Access 6 (2018): 48231-48246.
- Poornima, I. Gethzi Ahila, and B. Paramasivan. "Anomaly detection in wireless sensor network using machine learning algorithm." Computer Communications (2020)
- Wang, Wei, Yiqiang Sheng, Jinlin Wang, Xuewen Zeng, Xiaozhou Ye, Yongzhong Huang, and Ming Zhu. "HAST-IDS: Learning hierarchical spatial-temporal features using deep neural networks to improve intrusion detection." IEEE Access 6 (2017): 1792-1806.
- Aditham, Santosh, and Nagarajan Ranganathan. "A system architecture for the detection of insider attacks in big data systems." IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 15, no. 6 (2017): 974-987.
- Kurt, Mehmet Necip, Yasin Yılmaz, and Xiaodong Wang. "Real-time detection of hybrid and stealthy cyber- attacks in smart grid." IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 14, no. 2 (2018): 498-513.
- Kim, TaeGuen, BooJoong Kang, Mina Rho, Sakir Sezer, and Eul Gyu Im. "A multimodal deep learning method for android malware detection using various features." IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 14, no. 3 (2018): 773-788.
- Mishra, P., Varadharajan, V., Tupakula, U., & Pilli, E. S. (2018). A detailed investigation and analysis of using machine learning techniques for intrusion detection. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials.
- Azab, A., Alazab, M. & Aiash, M. (2016) "Machine Learning Based Botnet Identification Traffic" The 15th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (Trustcom 2016), Tianjin, China, 23-26 August, pp. 1788-1794.
- Gandomi, Amir Hossein, and Amir Hossein Alavi. "Krill herd: a new bio-inspired optimization algorithm." Communications in nonlinear science and numerical simulation 17, no. 12 (2012): 4831-4845.
- Kim, Jin, Nara Shin, Seung Yeon Jo, and Sang Hyun Kim. "Method of intrusion detection using deep neural network." In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), pp. 313-316. IEEE, 2017
- Vinayakumar, R., Mamoun Alazab, K. P. Soman, Prabaharan Poornachandran, Ameer Al-Nemrat, and Sitalakshmi Venkatraman. "Deep learning approach for intelligent intrusion detection system." IEEE Access 7 (2019): 41525-41550.