Author : Navya P 1
Date of Publication :30th September 2020
Abstract: Biometric is defined as study of various methods for measurement of physiological and behavioral characteristics that can be considered to identify a person. Biometric identification of a person gained major importance in the world from its application such as access control and security. The iris recognition is the process of recognition of individual by analyzing random pattern of iris. As compared to several other biometrics, iris recognition system is believed to be more reliable, accurate and scalable for person identification. Iris recognition is one of the booming biometric modalities due to its unique characteristics. The iris structure from human eye can be used for biometric authentication and identification at reduced resolution, iris under uncontrolled illumination, iris at a distance, iris off axis, presence of eyelashes, low accuracy. These type of visible wavelength based iris recognition system eliminate the limitation of iris recognition system that require close range iris imaging under infrared illumination which can be hazardous. I prefer image processing technique for overcoming these difficulties. The challenges emerge when the iris images acquired in one domain is matched against the images acquired in different domain. Such cross-domain iris recognition problem includes the cases when the images in one domain represent the sensor-specific iris images or wavelength- specific iris images. Here a new class of bi-spectral iris recognition system that can simultaneously acquire visible and near infra- red images with pixel-to-pixel correspondences is proposed and evaluated. This paper describes the approaches used by other research group around the world in related area. It also presents a brief overview of digital image processing techniques such as image segmentation, normalization, feature extraction, image restoration and image enhancement.
- Daugman J.,” High confidence visual recognition of persons by test of statistical Independence”. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell. , 15 -1148-1161, 1993
- Daugman J., “Biometric personal identification system based on iris analysis”, United State Patent Number: 5291560, 1994
- Wildes et al. “Automated noninvasive iris recognition system and method. “ U. S. Patent No. 5572596 and 5751836
- W.K. Kong, D. Zhang, B.T Centre and H. Kong” Accurate Iris Segmentation Based on Novel Reflection and Eyelashes Detection Model,” pp. 3-6.
- J. Haung, Y. Wang, T. Tang and J. Cui, “A New Iris Segmentation Method for Recognition ,” in proceedings- International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2004, vol.3, pp. 554-557.
- Daugman, John. “A new Methods in Iris Recognition. “ System, Man and Cybernetics Part B: Cybernetics, IEEE Transaction on 37, no.5 (2007): 1167- 1175
- Q. Wang, X. Zhang, M. Li, X. Dong, Q. Zhou, and Y. Yin, “Ad boost and multi- Orientation 2D Gaborbased noisy iris recognition,” Pattern Recognit. Lett. vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 978–983, Jun. 2012.
- Z. Z. Abidin, M. Manaf, A. S. Shibghatullah, S. Anawar, and R. Ahmad, “Feature Extraction from epigenetic traits using edge detection in iris recognition system,” IEEE Int. Conf. Signal Image Process. Appl., pp. 145–149, Oct. 2013.
- Zhou, Steve and Junping Sun. "A novel approach for code match in iris recognition." In Computer and Information Science (ICIS), 2013 IEEE/ACIS 12thInternational Conference on, pp. 123-128. IEEE, 2013.
- N Pattabhi Raman Ajay Kumar. ‘Toward More Accurate iris recognition using Cross Spectral Matching, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing DOI.10.1109/TIP.2016.2616281.
- MahaSharkas, “Neural Network based approach for Iris Recognition based on both Eyes” IEEE International conference on SAI Computing, pp. 253-258, 2016.
- Aparna Gale and Suresh Salankar, “Evolution of performance Analysis of Iris Recognition System By using Hybrid method of Feature Extraction and matching by Hybrid Classifier for Iris Recognition system”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Optimization Techniques, pp. 3259-3263, 2016
- Suchitra Patil, Ujwala Bhangale, Nilkamal More. “Comparative Study of colour Iris Recognition DCT vs Vector Quantization approaches in RGB and HSV Colour Spaced”, IEEE International Conference on Information Technology 2017.