Author : Anu Jangraa 1
Date of Publication :21st December 2020
Abstract: In the digital information age, digital documents such as text, photo , audio, video and 3D computer graphics models can be easily copied, manipulated and distributed over the open channel. Recently, many new techniques have been widely used to protect the multimedia data transmission, storage, sharing and processing of digital contents. The aim behind attacks can be to alter, change, or delete the digital contents to illegally claim ownership or preventing the information transfer to intended recipients. The digital watermarking techniques offer a valuable solution to these problems. The watermarking is a data hiding technique for inserting digital data, also known as watermark, into digital documents, which can be later extracted or detected for the purposes of identification and authentication in many applications. Robustness, imperceptibility, capacity, safety and computational cost are the major benchmark parameters for general watermarking system. However, there exists some trade-off between these parameters of the watermark. Therefore, some optimization methods are required to balance these benchmark parameters. In past years, different artificial intelligent techniques are used as an optimization technique to offer the optimal balance between visual quality of the watermarked image and the robustness of the extracted watermark.
- W. Bender, D. Gruhl, N. Morimoto and A. Lu, “Techniques for data hiding”. IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 35, No 3.4, pp. 313-336, 1996.
- Provos, Niels, and Peter Honeyman, "Hide and seek: An introduction to steganography." Security & Privacy, IEEE, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 32-44, 2003.
- A. Cheddad, J. Condell, K. Curran and P. McKevitt, “Digital Image Steganography: Survey and Analyses of Current Methods”. Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol. 90, No. 3, pp. 727- 752, 2010.
- P. Singh and R S Chadha, “A Survey of Digital Watermarking Techniques, Applications and Attacks”. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Vol. 2, No. 9, pp. 165-175, 2013.
- Amit Kumar Singh, Mayank Dave, and Anand Mohan, “Multilevel Encrypted Text Watermarking on Medical Images Using Spread-Spectrum in DWT Domain”. Wireless Personal Communications, pp.1-18, 2015.
- W. Zhicheng, L. Hao, Dai Jufeng and W. Sashuang, “Image watermarking based on Genetic algorithm”. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, ICME, pp. 1117-1120, 2006.
- V. Aslantas, A. L. Dogan and Serkan Ozturk, “DWT-SVD based image watermarking using Particle Swarm Optimizer”. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, ICME, pp. 241-244, 2008.