Author : Sampada K S 1
Date of Publication :17th March 2021
Abstract: Data owners are encouraged to outlet their data to the cloud for greater flexibility and suitability. Cloud storage is a third party server which always raises question of Privacy and confidentiality. Most of the cloud servers extend to provide confidentiality by encrypting the data before outsourcing. This demands verifiability of the encrypted files that are retrieved from the cloud by the users using Query keyword search. This paper focuses on study of various search techniques over encrypted data and the threat models posed by each one of them, and then enhances on building index confidentiality for Privacy Preserving Keyword Search (PPKS). An improved privacy preserving keyword search scheme over encrypted data is being proposed to address this problem. To enable users to search over encrypted data, we use the tree structure with m-levels to build search index. The index is encrypted using secret key which is generated using random numbers. The tree is split into levels based on these secret key factors. Thus the index vectors are encrypted. Query vectors are also encrypted in the same manner and the similarity measure is considered to find the relevant document. The documents which have the highest similarity measure are considered to be relevant. The proposed model in this paper addresses the issue on known cipher text attack.
- Boneh, Dan, Giovanni Di Crescenzo, Rafail Ostrovsky, and Giuseppe Persiano. "Public key encryption with keyword search." In International conference on the theory and applications of cryptographic techniques, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2004, pp. 506-522
- Jiang, Xiuxiu, Jia Yu, Fanyu Kong, Xiangguo Cheng, and Rong Hao. "A novel privacy preserving keyword search scheme over encrypted cloud data." In 10th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing (3PGCIC), IEEE, 2015, pp. 836-839
- Zhang, Wei, Yaping Lin, Sheng Xiao, Jie Wu, and Siwang Zhou. "Privacy preserving ranked multikeyword search for multiple data owners in cloud computing." IEEE Transactions on Computers Vol. 65, No. 5, 2015, pp. 1566-1577.
- Gurjar, Sonu Pratap Singh, and Syam Kumar Pasupuleti. "A privacy-preserving multi-keyword ranked search scheme over encrypted cloud data using MIR-tree." In 2016 International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Security Trends (CAST), IEEE, 2016, pp. 533-538.
- Wan, Zhiguo, and Robert H. Deng. "VPSearch: achieving verifiability for privacy-preserving multikeyword search over encrypted cloud data." IEEE transactions on dependable and secure computing 15, no. 6 (2016): 1083-1095.
- Li, Jinguo, Mi Wen, Chunhua Gu, and Hongwei Li. "PSS: Achieving high-efficiency and privacypreserving similarity search in multiple clouds." In IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), IEEE, 2016. pp. 1-6.
- Fu, Zhangjie, Fengxiao Huang, Kui Ren, Jian Weng, and Cong Wang. "Privacy-preserving smart semantic search based on conceptual graphs over encrypted outsourced data." IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security Vol. 12, No. 8, 2017, pp. 1874-1884.
- Xu, Qunqun, Hong Shen, Yingpeng Sang, and Hui Tian. "Privacy-preserving ranked fuzzy keyword search over encrypted cloud data." In International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies, IEEE, 2013, pp. 239-245