Author : Swapnil Anand 1
Date of Publication :16th March 2018
Abstract: This paper provides an exploration of Agile Manufacturing (AM) concept and content.It describes the nature of the AM, and synthesizes the literature to propose a comprehensive purpose and process definition.Real Agile Manufacturing (RAM) is seen as a strategic process; it is about surviving and prospering constant and rapid change in the competitive environment by responding rapidly and effectively in markets.The customer's needs are highly specific and rapidly changing, they still want products and services of high quality and low cost.The company should respond to rapid, continuous, new and predictable environmental changes and should provide a sufficient variety of products or services to survive and be competitive.This manufacturing method resulted in inflexible plants that are not quickly reconfigurable and filled with inventories of bloated raw materials, work in process and finished products.Industry analysts have popularized the words world-class manufacturing and agile manufacturing to reduce excess inventory, shortened lead times, allow consistency in the flow lines and improve the advanced quality levels in both goods and customer service.
- Different Perspectives,” in 2013 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, FedCSIS 2013, 2013.
- J. Minguez, D. Baureis, and D. Neumann, “A reference architecture for agile product-service systems,” CIRP J. Manuf. Sci. Technol., 2012, doi: 10.1016/j.cirpj.2012.09.007.
- A. Gunasekaran, Y. Y. Yusuf, E. O. Adeleye, T. Papadopoulos, D. Kovvuri, and D. G. Geyi, “Agile manufacturing: an evolutionary review of practices,” International Journal of Production Research. 2019, doi: 10.1080/00207543.2018.1530478.
- R. G. Cooper and A. F. Sommer, “The Agile– Stage-Gate Hybrid Model: A Promising New Approach and a New Research Opportunity,” J. Prod. Innov. Manag., 2016, doi: 10.1111/jpim.12314.
- Y. Tang and Y. F. Zhao, “A survey of the design methods for additive manufacturing to improve functional performance,” Rapid Prototyping Journal. 2016, doi: 10.1108/RPJ-01-2015-0011.
- F. A. Cummins, “The Agile Enterprise,” in Building the Agile Enterprise, 2017.
- B. Sherehiy and W. Karwowski, “The relationship between work organization and workforce agility in small manufacturing enterprises,” Int. J. Ind. Ergon., 2014, doi: 10.1016/j.ergon.2014.01.002.
- G. Schuh, C. Dölle, J. Kantelberg, and A. Menges, “Identification of Agile Mechanisms of Action As Basis for Agile Product Development,” in Procedia CIRP, 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2018.02.007.
- S.Balamurugan , L.Jeevitha, A.Anupriya and Dr.R.GokulKruba Shanker, “Fog Computing: Synergizing Cloud, Big Data and IoT- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 3 issue 10, e-ISSN: 2395 -0056, p-ISSN: 2395- 0072, 2016