Author : Kanika Gupta 1
Date of Publication :13th April 2018
Abstract: Blockchain has a scope of implicit highlights, for example, distributed ledger, authentication, immutability, decentralized storage and security and has moved past publicity for practical applications in the industry sectors, for example, Healthcare. Applications of Blockchain in healthcare sector for the most part need progressively stringent interoperability, authentication and record sharing prerequisites, because of exacting legitimate necessities. Expanding on existing blockchain advances, specialists in industry and academia have begun to investigate applications that are designed for use of healthcare. These applications incorporate smart contracts, identity verification and fraud detection. Indeed, even with these enhancements, there are still worries as blockchain innovation has its own particular issues and vulnerabilities that should be tended to, for example, mining attacks, key management and mining incentives. Also, a significant number of healthcare applications have extraordinary prerequisites that are not tended to by numerous individuals of blockchain tests being investigated, as featured in this paper. Various potential research openings are additionally talked about in this paper.
- M. Hölbl, M. Kompara, A. Kamišalić, and L. N. Zlatolas, “A systematic review of the use of blockchain in healthcare,” Symmetry (Basel)., 2018.
- M. Valenta and P. Sandner, “Comparison of Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric and Corda,” Frankfurt Sch. Blockchain Cent., 2017.
- S. Tanwar, K. Parekh, and R. Evans, “Blockchain-based electronic healthcare record system for healthcare 4.0 applications,” J. Inf. Secur. Appl., 2020.
- C. C. Agbo and Q. H. Mahmoud, “Comparison of blockchain frameworks for healthcare applications,” Internet Technol. Lett., 2019.
- R. Jayaraman, F. Alhammadi, and M. C. E. Simsekler, “Managing Product Recalls in Healthcare Supply Chain,” in IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2019.
- S. Al-Megren et al., “Blockchain Use Cases in Digital Sectors: A Review of the Literature,” in Proceedings - IEEE 2018 International Congress on Cybermatics: 2018 IEEE Conferences on Internet of Things, Green Computing and Communications, Cyber, Physical and Social Computing, Smart Data, Blockchain, Computer and Information Technology, iThings/GreenCom/CPSCom/SmartData/Blockc hain/CIT 2018, 2018.