Author : Kuldeep Singh Kaswan 1
Date of Publication :11th April 2018
Abstract: The inflexibility of complicated designs has become easier by the introduction of improvements in information technology (operating systems). The model whose layout information is not accessible can be intended using reverse engineering innovation.Reverse engineering is a sort of technology that takes control of an entity which is already made.The ultimate goal is to build a new entity similar to the old one.Knowing it is crucial to collecting information regarding the material entity.Reverse engineering can be implemented in various sectors such as computers, electronic parts, large parts, small parts, etc.Techniques of reverse engineering define the code level mainly, and the intent, for which the technology is created, the application realm, must be comprehended for best effect.An essential element of reverse engineering being that it produces data about the particular topic scheme at various levels of subjectivity, from code-dependent opinions such as pieces of programs to database understanding like guidelines of enterprise.
- G. Šag, Z. Lulić, and I. Mahalec, “Reverse engineering,” in Concurrent Engineering in the 21st Century: Foundations, Developments and Challenges, 2015.
- H. M. Kienle and H. A. Müller, “The Tools Perspective on Software Reverse Engineering: Requirements, Construction, and Evaluation,” in Advances in Computers, 2010.
- T. Cipresso, “Software Reverse Engineering (SRE),” in Handbook of Information and Communication Security, 2017, pp. 659–696.
- N. Walkinshaw, “Reverse-engineering software behavior,” in Advances in Computers, vol. 91, 2013, pp. 1–58.
- S. Shah and E. A. Oladimeji, “Reverse engineering - A survey of tools involved in reverse engineering,” in 23rd International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Engineering, SEDE 2014, 2014, pp. 23–29
- Reverse Engineering - Recent Advances and Applications. 2012.
- N. Vukašinović and J. Duhovnik, “Introduction to reverse engineering,” in Springer Tracts in Mechanical Engineering, 2019.
- N. Singh, “A Review of Reverse Engineering Theories and Tools,” Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res., pp. 1– 5, 2012.
- H. M. Kienle and H. A. Müller, “The Tools Perspective on Software Reverse Engineering,” 2010, pp. 189–290.
- A. Bhatti, N. A. Syed, and P. John, “Reverse engineering and its applications,” in Omics Technologies and Bio-engineering: Towards Improving Quality of Life, 2018.