Author : Indu 1
Date of Publication :25th January 2017
Abstract: In today's world, handling solid waste is a global environmental issue. The population growth has led to an increase in the production of industry, residential and services and this has a negative environmental impact. The disposal of urban solid waste is known as one in developing countries ' municipalities ' most serious environmental problems. The placement of the dumping site in unsafe places has one of these consequences. The aim of this paper is to create a suitable site for the disposal of urban solid waste generated in and around Aurangabad through GIS technology. Based on analysis of Landsat satellite data, the urban area over the last three decades was increased by more than 240%, mostly south and southwest, apart from the nearby villages where the increase was in the east and northeast. Ultimately three sites, taking the environmental, biophysical and economic variables implemented in the GI-based WLC study into account, were proposed as alternatives to the current waste disposal sites
- S. Karsauliya, “Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Solid Waste Management: A Case Study of Surroundings of River Yamuna, India,” Int. J. Environ. Eng. Manag., 2013.
- A. A. Mohammedshum, M. A. Gebresilassie, C. M. Rulinda, G. H. Kahsay, and M. S. Tesfay, “Application of geographic information system and remotesensing in effective solid waste disposal sites selection in Wukro Town, Tigray, Ethiopia,” 2014, doi: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-2-115-2014.
- M. Jhawar, N. Tyagi, and V. Dasgupta, “Urban planning using remote sensing,” Int. J. Innov. Res. Sci. Eng. Technol., 2012.
- J. G. Liu and P. J. Mason, Essential image processing and GIS for remote sensing. 2013.
- M. A. Shaikh, “Using GIS in Solid Waste Management Planning: A case study for Aurangabad, India,” Natl. Categ., 2006, doi: ISRN: LIU-IDA-D20--06/004--SE.
- M. A. Oyinloye, “Using GIS and Remote Sensing in Urban Waste Disposal and Management: A Focus on Owo L.G.A, Ondo State, Nigeria,” Eur. Int. J. Sci. Technol., 2013.
- A. El Maguiri, B. Kissi, L. Idrissi, and S. Souabi, “Landfill site selection using GIS, remote sensing and multicriteria decision analysis: case of the city of Mohammedia, Morocco,” Bull. Eng. Geol. Environ., 2016, doi: 10.1007/s10064-016-0889-z.
- P. C. Pandey, L. K. Sharma, and M. S. Nathawat, “Geospatial strategy for sustainable management of municipal solid waste for growing urban environment,” Environ. Monit. Assess., 2012, doi: 10.1007/s10661-011-2127-2.
- S. N. Ramaiah, G. S. Gopalakrishna, S. Srinivasa Vittala, and K. M. Najeeb, “Geomorphological mapping for identification of ground water potential zones in hard rock areas using geo-spatial information - A case study in Malur Taluk, Kolar District, Karnataka, India,” Nat. Environ. Pollut. Technol., 2012
- V. K. Srivastava and D. Anitha, “Mapping of non-timber forest products using remote sensing and GIS,” Trop. Ecol., 2010.
- K Deepika, N Naveen Prasad, S Balamurugan, S Charanyaa, “Survey on Security on Cloud Computing by Trusted Computer Strategy”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 2015
- P Durga, S Jeevitha, A Poomalai, M Sowmiya, S Balamurugan, “Aspect Oriented Strategy to model the Examination Management Systems”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology , Vol. 4, Issue 2, February 2015
- RS Venkatesh, PK Reejeesh, S Balamurugan, S Charanyaa, “Further More Investigations on Evolution of Approaches and Methodologies for Securing Computational Grids”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology , Vol. 4, Issue 1, January 2015
- V M Prabhakaran, S Balamurugan, S Charanyaa, “Developing Use Cases and State Transition Models for Effective Protection of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) in Cloud”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 2015