Author : Mumthaz M 1
Date of Publication :30th November 2021
Abstract: India is an agrarian economy and the agriculture sector plays vital role in the overall development of the country. In the Indian context, villages are the heart of the nation; agriculture is the principal source of livelihood for many households in rural India. Thus, the issues and challenges concerning agriculture need to be focused to achieve the country development by empower villages through recent trends and technology. Irrigation is very much important in maintaining the soil moisture level for the grow of the plants. Hence, there is dire need for a smart and efficient irrigation system that results in the simple and burden free cultivation procedure for the farmer. The smart farm irrigation system enables precious water utilization in an efficient manner. This is done using the technology named IoT (Internet of Things). IOT has been referred to an incipient wave of advances in Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Main ideology behind this paper is to lower human intervention for the full automation of the system and effective utilization of water. This is made possible by using IoT devices with soil moisture sensors, which determines the amount of moisture contents of the soil and if it go below a predefined threshold value , then it release the water through the irrigation pipes. The entire system is controlled and operated by the microcontroller board called Arduino UNO Board.
- Tanmay Baranwal, Nitika Pushpendra Kumar Pateriya, "Development of IoT based Smart Security and Monitoring Devices for Agriculture" in 6th International Conference - Cloud System and Big Data Engineering, IEEE, pp. 978– 1-4673-8203-8/16, 2016.
- LaxmiShabadi, NandiniPatil, Nikita. M, Shruti. J, Smitha. P&Swati. C, and Software Engineering, Volume4, Issue 7, July 2014. “Irrigation Control System Using Android and GSM for Efficient Use of Water and Power”,International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science .
- Izzatdin Abdul Aziz, MohdHilmiHasan, Mohd Jimmy Ismail, MazlinaMehat, NazleeniSamihaHaron, “Remote Monitoring in Agricultural Greenhouse Using Wireless Sensor and Short Message Service (SMS)”, 2008.
- “ Indian Economic Survey”, http://mofapp.nic.in:8080/economicsurvey, Govt. of India, 2018
- Q. Wang, A. Terzis and A. Szalay, ―A Novel Soil Measuring Wireless Sensor Network‖, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Pages: 412–415, 2018.
- Lav Gupta, Krunal Intwala and Karishma Khetwani, ―Smart irrigation system and plant disease detection‖, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 4, Issue 3, Pages: 80-83, 2017.
- S. R. Kumbhar, Arjun P. Ghatule, “Microcontroller based Controlled Irrigation System for Plantation”, Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2013VolumeII, March 2013.
- Deeksha Jain, P. Venkata Krishna and V. Saritha, “A Study on Internet of Things based Applications”, 2012 ..