Author : Taylan Ozgur ULTEN 1
Date of Publication :25th April 2022
Abstract: It is an important task to determine the degree of threat of threats in military applications and in the war environment. Small mistakes that can be made during the threat evaluation phase can cause great loss of life and property. Mistakes that can be made at this stage can lead to serious consequences that are difficult to compensate. For this reason, it is of great importance to accurately calculate the threat degree of the detected aircraft. For this purpose, computer decision support systems provide significant support to the operators in the decision-making process in order to increase the cognitive ability of the operator and to implement the decisions taken quickly. In this study, a decision support system is designed to contribute to the decision-making processes of the operators. In order to perform calculations in the decision support system; A threat assessment interface was created with the help of C# programming language using Microsoft Visual Studio. In the study, calculations were made using the speed, altitude and distance parameters of an aircraft classified as a threat to be used in the threat evaluation and weapon assignment interface. Fuzzy logic method was used to calculate the threat degree.
- NATO Standardization Agency, NATO Glossary of Terms and Definitions. AAP-06, 2013.
- J. F. B. Brancalion and K. H. Kienitz, Threat Evaluation of Aerial Targets in an Air Defense System Using Bayesian Networks. In 15th Intl Conf on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, 15th Intl Conf on Pervasive Intelligence and Computing, 3rd Intl Conf on Big Data Intelligence and Computing and Cyber Science and Technology Congress. 2017.
- J. Yun, S.-S. Hong and M.-M. Han, A Dynamic Neuro Fuzzy Knowledge Based System in Threat Evaluation. In The 6th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems, and The 13th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligence Systems, 2012. p. 20-24.
- S. Kumar and B. K. Tripathib, Modelling Of Threat Evaluation For Dynamic Targets Using Bayesian, Procedia Technology, 2016., 24: p. 1268-1275.
- F. Johansson and G. Falkman, Bayesian network approach to threat evaluation with application to an air defense scenario. In 11th International Conference on Information Fusion, 2008. p. 1352-1358.
- H. Rizwan, et al., Threat Evaluation of Suspicious Target for Cognitive Radar. 7th IEEE International Multi Topic Conference, 2014. p. 456-461.
- Y. Liang, An Approximate Reasoning Model for Situation and Threat Assesment. In Fourth International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD 2007) , 2007. p. 246-250
- E. Azimirad and J. Haddadnia, Target threat assessment using fuzzy sets theory.In International Journal of Advances in Intelligent Informatics, 2015. p. 57-74.
- C. Dongfenga, F. Yu and L. Yongxuea, Threat Assessment for Air Defense Operations Based on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Logic. Procedia Engineering, 2012. vol 29, p. 3302-3306
- M. L. Truter, Development and Demonstration of a Performance Evaluation Framework for Threat Evaluation and Weapon Assignment Systems. Stellenbosch University, Industrial Engineering, 2016. p. 3.
- S. Paradis, A. Benaskeur, M. Oxenham and P. Cutler, Threat Evaluation and Weapons Allocation in Network-Centric Warfare, In 7th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION), 2005.
- J. Roy, S. Paradis and M. Allouche, Threat evaluation for impact assessment in situation analysis systems. Proceedings of SPIE: Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion, and Target Recognition XI, 2002. vol. 4729, p. 329-341.
- M. Çöçelli and E. Arkın, A Category Based Threat Evaluation Model Using Platform Kinematics Data, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal,2017. vol 2, no. 3, p. 1330-1341.