Author : Sakshi Rajesh Sinha 1
Date of Publication :3rd June 2022
Abstract: A new journey commences every time a student leaves his/her home for education or work thereby leading themselves to self-discovery and self-reliance. But along with new adventures comes various challenges such as unfamiliar health care systems, personal safety issues, financial problems, etc, but the major problem of them all is accommodation issues. Students and young adults often face difficulties when it comes to immigrating to new cities or states for pursuing higher studies from colleges or for work purposes. As different people have different priorities and interests, finding a suitable place that fits their budget and have easy access to their daily requirements for sustainable living becomes a challenge. The objective of this project is to create a system to find the best accommodation for the user in a particular city by classifying the user based on the preferences given by them such as budget, proximity to a certain location, daily necessities, etc. This system can be expanded and further be used for various purposes such as finding a suitable location for any business (for eg. restaurants/cafes or stationery shops are best suited near an educational institution) or for the best area of land for crop cultivation for maximum yield etc.
- O. Aboulola, “A literature review of spatial location analysis for retail site selection,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 08 2017.
- Ojokoh, Bolanle, O. Catherine, Olayemi, Babalola, Asegunloluwa, Eyo, and Eyo, “A user-centric housing recommender system,” Information Management and Business Review, vol. 10, pp. 17–24, 09 2018.
- B. Kumar and N. Sharma, “Approaches, issues and challenges in recom- mender systems: A systematic review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9, 12 2016.
- Jun, H. Jong, Kim, J. Hee, Rhee, D. Young, Chang, and S. Woo, ““seoulhouse2vec”: An embedding-based collaborative filtering housing recommender system for analyzing housing preference,” Sustainability, vol. 2, no. 7, 2020. [Online].
- Shishehchi, Saman, Banihashem, Seyed, M. Zin, N. Azan, M. Noah, and S. Azman, “Ontological approach in knowledge based recommender system to develop the quality of e-learning system,” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 115–123, 02 2012.