Author : Nitin Abrol 1
Date of Publication :15th December 2022
Abstract: Social media has millions of users around the world, engaging with each other and sharing information. The information shared in these platforms can be collected and analyzed. This paper is a review on the the collection and analysis of data from social media platforms and the advantages & disadvantages of data analysis in social media platforms
- M. Cataldi, L. Di Caro, and C. Schifanella, Emerging topic detection on twitter based on temporal and social terms evaluation, in Proc. 10th Int. Workshop on Multimedia
- K. Y. Kamath, J. Caverlee, K. Lee, and Z. Y. Cheng,Spatio-temporal dynamics of online memes: A study of geo-tagged tweets, in Proc. 22nd Int. Conf. World WideWeb, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2013, pp. 667–678.
- A. Musaev and Q. X. Hou, Gathering high quality information on landslides from twitter by relevance ranking of users and tweets, presented at 2016 IEEE 2ndInt. Conf. Collaboration and Internet Computing(CIC),Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2016, pp. 276–284.
- Y. Tsuboi, A. Jatowt, and K. Tanaka, Product purchase prediction based on time series data analysis in social media, presented at 2015 IEEE/WIC/ACM Int. Conf. Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT),Singapore, 2015, pp. 219–224.
- C. Comito, D. Falcone, and D. Talia, A peak detection method to uncover events from social media, presented at 2017 IEEE Int. Conf. Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA), Tokyo, Japan, 2017, pp. 459–467.
- K. Nusratullah, S. A. Khan, A. Shah, and W. H. Butt,Detecting changes in context using time series analysis of social network, presented at 2015 SAI Intelligent Systems Conf. (IntelliSys), London, UK, 2015, pp. 996–1001.
- K. Kucher, A. Kerren, C. Paradis, and M. Sahlgren,Visual analysis of stance markers in online social media,presented at 2014 IEEE Conf. Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), Paris, France, 2014, pp. 259–260.
- E. A. Dahouei, A cloud-based dashboard for time series analysis on hot topics from social media, presented at2017 Int. Conf. Energy, Communication, Data Analytics and Soft Computing (ICECDS), Chennai, India, 2017, pp.1–6.
- J. Yang and J. Leskovec, Patterns of temporal variationin online media, in Proc. 4th ACM Int. Conf. Web Searchand Data Mining, Hong Kong, China, 2011, pp. 177–186.
- H. X. Rui and A. Whinston, Designing a social-broadcasting-based business intelligence system, ACMTransactions on Management Information Systems(TMIS), vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 1–19, 2012.