Author : Abhijith Mohanan. N 1
Date of Publication :7th January 2015
Abstract: This paper focuses on the development of a smart Auto Mains Failure (AMF) panel meant for day to day electrical applications. AMF panel is unavoidable in industries, hospitals, educational industries etc. where generator is compulsory. It acts as the switching mechanism between the generator, load and the main power supply. It ensures consistent power supply to the load. An AMF panel, which can be controlled from a distance using Wi-Fi is presented here. The proposed system displays the generator parameters and indicates the type of fault in the supply mains and saves energy. The hardware model of the system is explained, which can be used for the validation of the results.
- M. Negnevitsky, A.M.O Haruni, P. Milbourne, J.O Flaherty, D. Capece and T. Nguyen, “ Voltage and power management in a microgrid system with diesel generator and energy storage”, project sponsored by Aurora Energy Pty Ltd., Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
- Singh, and J. Solanki, “Load compensation for diesel generator- based isolated generation system employing DSTATCOM” IEEE Transactions on Industry Application , vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 238- 244, Jan/Feb.,2011
- Wang, and M.H Nehrir, “Power management of a stand-alone wind/photovoltaic/fuel cell energy system”, IEEE Transactions on Energy conservation, vol.23, no.3, Sep.2008, pp. 957-967
- Arun Das, Jaydeep Banerjee and Arunabha Sen, “Root cause analysis of failures in interdependent power communication networks” IEEE Transactions on Military Communications Conference 2014
- R.J Best, D.J Morrow, D.J. McGowan and P.A Crossley, “Synchronous islanded operation of a diesel generator”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 22, no.4, pp. 2170-2176, Nov, 2007.
- S. Zutobradic, L.Delbianco, “ A stochastic approach to internal overvoltages due to earth faults in medium voltage networks, 15-th International Conference CIRED- Electricity Distribution, 2/23, Nice, 1999
- Andrew Zafft, Emmanuel Agu, “Malicious Wi-Fi Network: A first look”- 7 th IEEE Workshop on Security in Communication Networks, 2012