Author : Dr. Vikash K Singh 1
Date of Publication :7th January 2015
Abstract: The nature of the universal computing has made it necessary to adopt wireless network as the interconnection method: it is not possible for the ubiquitous devices to get wired network link whenever and wherever they need to connect with other ubiquitous devices. The Mobile Ad Hoc Network is the wireless networks that have attracted most close attention from many researchers. A Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) is a system of wireless mobile nodes that dynamically self-organize in arbitrary and temporary network topologies. People and vehicles can thus be internetworked in areas without a preexisting communication infrastructure. In the mobile ad hoc network, nodes can directly communicate with all the other nodes within their radio ranges; whereas nodes that not in the direct communication range use intermediate nodes to communicate with each other. In these two situations, all the nodes that have participated in the communication automatically form a wireless network, therefore this kind of wireless network can be viewed as mobile ad hoc network. Network wide broadcasting in Mobile Ad Hoc Network provides important control and route establishment functionality for a number of unicast and multicast protocols. . Broadcasting in MANET poses more challenges than in wired networks due to node mobility and scarce system resources. Broadcasting is categorized into deterministic and probabilistic schemes .In this paper give a bird's eye view over probabilistic approach for routing ,besides the basic probability scheme also includes their recent advancements .This review paper identify which protocol gives better performance in terms of reach ability, saved rebroadcast and average latency in rebroadcasting a route request message.
- B. Williams and T. Camp, Comparison of broadcast in techniques for mobile ad hoc networks. In Proc. ACM Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing (MOBIHOC 2002), pp. 194–205, 2002.
- S.-Y. Ni, Y.-C. Tseng, Y.-S. Chen, and J.-P. Sheu, “The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network”, Proc.Mobicom_99, 1999
- Y. Sasson, D. Cavin, and A. Schiper, Probabilistic Broadcast for flooding in wireless mobile ad hoc networks, In Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC 2003), pp. 1124– 1130, March 2003
- J. Wu and W. Lou, "Forward-node-set-based broadcast in clustered mobile ad hoc networks," Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing, vol. 3, pp. 155 – 173, 2003.
- A. Keshavarz-Haddad, V. Ribeiro, and R. Riedi, "Color- Based Broadcasting for Ad Hoc Networks," in Proceeding of the 4 th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Network (WIOPT' 06). Boston, MA, 2006, pp. 1 - 10
- J. Cartigny and D. Simplot, "Border node retransmission based probabilistic broadcast protocols in ad hoc networks," Telecommunication Systems,, vol. 22, pp. 189-204, 2003.
- C. E. Perkins, and E. M. Royer, “Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing,” 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, Monterey, California, USA: Feb 25 – 26, 1999: 90- 100.
- H D-Ferriere, M Grossglauser, and M Vetterli, “Age Matters: Efficient Route Discovery in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Using Encounter Ages,” 4 th ACM International Symposium on MANET and Computing, 2003
- C. E. Perkins, E. M. Belding-Royer, and S. Das, “Ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) Routing,” RFC 3561, July 2003,
- David Johnson, David Maltz and Yih-Chun Hu, “The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Internet Draft, draft-ietf-manetdsr10.txt,July 2004
- Alexey Kudryavtsev and Sergey Shorgin, “On the Bayesian Approach to the Analysis of Queueing Systems and Reliability Characteristics”, IEEE 2010, pp 1042-1045
- Nadia Bali and Ali Mohammad-Djafari, “Bayesian Approach With Hidden Markov Modeling and Mean Field Approximation for Hyperspectral Data Analysis”, IEEE 2008, pp 217-225.
- Jose M. Merigo, Montserrat Casanovas and Luis Martinez, “A Decision Making Model Based on Dempster-Shafer Theory and Linguistic Hybrid Aggregation Operators”, IEEE 2008, pp 180-185.
- Nidhi S Kulkarni, Balasubramanian Ramant, and Indra Gupta, “On Demand Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: A Review”, IEEE 2009, pp 586-591.
- Rusheel Jain, Murali Parameswaran and Chittaranjan Hota, “An Efficient On-Demand Routing Protocol for MANETs using Bayesian Approach”, IEEE 2011