Author : Er.Zainab Mirza 1
Date of Publication :7th April 2015
Abstract: In last few years there has been drastic increase in accumulation of data. The accumulation is so huge that it is beyond the reach of classical computing resources. In this paper we are going to do performance analysis and their comparison using classic computing resources i.e. pc and java and Evolved computing model i.e. cloud computing and Hadoop.
- Changqing Ji, Yu Li, Wenming Qiu, Uchechukwu Awada, Keqiu Li, “Big Data Processing in Cloud Computing Environments”.
- Nandan Mirajkar, Sandeep Bhujbal , Aaradhana Deshmukh, “Perform wordcount Map-Reduce Job in Single Node Apache Hadoop cluster and compress data using Lempel-Ziv-Oberhumer (LZO) algorithm”
- http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800- 146/sp800-146.pdf
- “Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture” (The Prentice Hall Service Technology) by Thomas Erl, Ricardo Puttini and Zaigham Mahmood (May 20, 2013)
- “Java The Complete Reference”, 8th Edition by Herbert Schildt,8 Aug 2011.
- http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/ DeveloperGuide/emr-what-is-emr.html
- http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/gsg/Get StartedWithS3.html
- http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/2014.09- release-notes/