Author : Sameer Ahmed 1
Date of Publication :7th July 2015
Abstract: Fine grained encryption of data is essential to enforce fine grained access control on confidential data. In the Cloud operational model, security is a critical issue. In such scenarios, the data owner should be able to encrypt the data prior to submitting to Cloud and be able to re-encrypt whenever user permissions or authorization policies changes. This may lead to computation cost. This paper presents a fine grained access control to minimize operating cost at the data owners end and also ensuring data confidentiality at the Cloud service provider end. The proposed approach is based on two layers of encryption. Here the data owner performs a coarse-grained encryption and the cloud service provider performs a fine grained encryption on the data encrypted by the data owner. The proposed system assures confidentiality of data and also retains the privacy of users from the cloud.
- “Privacy preserving delegated access control in the storage as a service model,”M. Nabeel and E. Bertino, in EEE International Conference on Information Reuse andIntegration(IRI), 2012.
- “Secure and selective dissemination of XML documents,” E. Bertino and E. errari, ACM Trans.Inf. Syst. Secur., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 290– 331, 2002.
- “Controlling access to published data using cryptography,”G. Miklau and D. Suciu,inVLDB ’2003: Proceedings of the 29th international conference on Very large data bases.VLDB Endowment, 2003, pp. 898–909.
- “A privacy-preserving approach to policy-based content dissemination,” N. Shang, M. Nabeel, F. Paci, and E. Bertino,in ICDE ’10: Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 26th International Conference on Data Engineering, 2010.
- “Towards privacy preserving access control in the cloud,”M. Nabeel, E. Bertino, M. Kantarcioglu, and B. M. Thuraisingham, in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing, ser. CollaborateCom ’11, 2011, pp. 172–180.
- “Privacy preserving policy based content sharing in public clouds,” M.Nabeel,N.Shang,andE.Bertino, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2012.
- “Over-encryption: Management of access control evolution on outsourced data,” S. D. C. di Vimercati, S. Foresti, S. Jajodia, S. Paraboschi, and P. Samarati, in Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on VeryL arge Data Bases, ser.VLDB ’07. VLDB Endowment,2007, pp. 123–134.
- “Towards attribute based group key management,” M. Nabeel and E. Bertino, in Proceedings of the 18th ACM conference on Computer and communications security, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2011.
- “Broadcast encryption,” A. Fiat and M. Naor, in Proceedings of the 13th Annual International Cryptology Conference on Advances inCryptology,ser.CRYPTO ’93. London, UK:Springer-Verlag, 1994, pp. 480–491. 10.“Revocation and tracing schemes for stateless receivers,” D. Naor, M. Naor, and J. B. Lotspiech, in Proceedings of the 21st Annual International Conference on Advances in Cryptology, ser. CRYPTO ’01. London, UK: Springer-Verlag, 2001, pp. 41– 62.