Author : Ms. Shalu Bakhtiani 1
Date of Publication :7th July 2015
Abstract: In todays world one of the area of focus is human security. Human security challenge is experienced all over the world, but in India its a need of an hour to be focused due to the increased crime rate which have been doubled in a span of a decade. To face this challenge we need to work on the solution to procure crime rather than cure with the help of technology. For dealing with the situation prior crime the fear or indication has to be sensed. The feeling of fear can be sensed by sensing the physical parameters. The physical parameters increase in heart rate, reduction in temperature and increase in level of oxygen can be instantly detected. The detected abnormal change instantly will be processed with the help of fuzzy logic. The fuzzy logic will be hardcoded in the microcontroller. The processed output will be analyzed for anxiety level. And depending upon the anxiety level, the alert is broadcasted to the nearby paired android device via Bluetooth. The alert will launch the android application which will collect the video clips of the environment. At the same time alert will be sent to registered number via an SMS which will contain the identity of the person and location of the person. With the help of that the person feeling endangered will get help in limited time. In order to reduce false alarm rates, the safety system is associated with the manual button.
- Nontraditional security challenges in India Human Security and Disaster Management, 1 edition, 2012.
- John Allen. Photoplethysmography and its application in clinical physiological measurement. Physiological Measurement, 28(3):R1, 2007.
- Grath Cloete. Non-Invasive Artificial Pulse Oximetry: Development and Testing. 2012.
- Rosalind Picard Daniel McDuff, Sarah Gontarek. Remote Measurement of Cognitive Stress via Heart Rate Variability.
- J Daunoras, R Lukocius, and JA Virbalis. Pulse sensor of physiological parameter monitoring system. Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 78(6):67–70, 2007.
- Enercorp.com. Comparision of thermistors, thermocouples and rtd’s, 2014.
- EME Hassan and K Mohammed. Design and implementation of an embedded system for ambulatory cardiac monitoring. Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology, pages 23–32, 2012.
- AE Kalange and SA Gangal. Piezoelectric sensor for human pulse detection. Defence Science Journal, 57(1):109–114, 2007
- Julia Schnepper Mathias Haefke Hartmut Ewald Karandeep Malhi, Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay. A Zigbee-Based Wearable Physiological Parameters Monitoring System. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, 2012.
- Chi Kin Lao, U Kin Che, Wei Chen, Sio Hang Pun, Peng Un Mak, Feng Wan, and Mang I Vai. Portable heart rate detector based on photoplethysmography with android programmable devices for ubiquitous health monitoring system. International Journal of Advances in Telecommunications, Electrotechnics, Signals and Systems, 2(1):18–26, 2012.
- mit.edu. Android development, 2014.
- Dhvani Parekh. Designing Heart Rate, Blood Pressure and Body Temperature Sensors for Mobile On-Call System. 2010.
- Craig A. Smith Leslie D. Kirby Pramila Rani, Nilanjan Sarkar. Anxiety Detecting Robotic System-Towards Implicit Human-Robot Collaboration. Cambridge University Press, 2004
- MT Quazi, SC Mukhopadhyay, NK Suryadevara, and YM Huang. Towards the smart sensors based human emotion recognition, 2012.
- Peter Robinson Shazia Afzal, Cecily Morrison. Intentional Affect: An Alternative Notion of Affective Interaction with a Machine.
- Ubiq.com. Ubiquitous computing, 2014.
- Ultra-nspi.com. Rtd vs. thermocouple comparison chart ultra-electronics nuclear sensors and process instrumentation, 2014.
- Wikipedia.com. Wikipedia, 2014.