Author : Ramya C 1
Date of Publication :7th January 2016
Abstract: Web Information Retrieval process has become one of the most focused research paradigms because of large quantity of growing web data as internet is ubiquitous. To this distributed, uncertain and volatile data, accurate and speed access is required. So there is a need to optimize the search process using some efficient approaches. For such novel approach a literature survey is presented on evolutionary bio-inspired Swarm Intelligence techniques to optimize search process in Web Information Retrieval Systems.
- Habiba Drias, “Parallel Swarm Optimization for Web Information Retrieval”, in proceedings of Third World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired computing, pp. 249-254, 2011
- Anna Bou Ezzeddine, “ Web information retrieval inspired by social insect behaviour”, Information Sciences and Technologies Bulletin of the ACM Slovakia, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 93-100,2011.
- Peiyu Liu, Zhenfang Zhu and Lina Zhao, “Research on Information Retrieval System Based on Ant Clustering Algorithm”, Journal of Software, Vol. 4, No. 9, pp. 1032- 1036, 2009
- Dr. Hasanen S. Abdullah and Mustafa J. Hadi, “Artificial Bee Colony based Approach for Web Information Retrieval”, Eng. & Tech. Journal, vol.32, Part (B), No. 5, pp. 899-909, 2014.
- Habiba Drias and Hadia Mosteghanemi, “Bees Swarm Optimization based Approach for Web Information Retrieval”, In proceedings of IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, pp. 6-13, 2010.
- Priya I. Borkar and Leena H. Patil, “Web Information Retrieval Using Genetic Algorithm-Particle Swarm Optimization”, International Journal of Future Computer and Communication, Vol. 2, No. 6, 2013.
- Sridevi U.K and Nagaveni N, “Ontology based Optimization Techniques for Information Retrieval”, A The is from http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/15038, 2012.
- Pavol Navrat and Anna Bou Ezzeddine, “Bee Hive at Work: Following A Developing Story on The Web”, Max Bramer. Artificial Intelligence in Theory and Practice III, 331, Springer, pp.187-196, 2010.
- Shruti Kohli and Ankit Gupta, “A Survey on Web Information Retrieval Inside Fuzzy Framework”, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 433-445, 2014.
- R. Baeza-Yates and B. Ribiero-Neto, “Modern Information Retrieval”, Addison Wesley Longman Publishing Co. Inc., 1999.
- C.D. Manning, P. Raghavan and H. Schutze, “Introduction to Information Retrieval”, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- J. Kennedy and R.C. Eberhart, ” Particle Swarm Optimization”, In Proceedings of the IEEE Int. Conf. On Neural Networks, Piscataway, NJ, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.
- P. Pathak, M. Gordon and W. Fan, “Effective Information Retrieval using Genetic Algorithms based Matching Functions Adaptation,” 33rd IEEE HICSS, 2000.
- C. Hsinchun, “Machine Learning for Information Retrieval: Neural Networks, Symbolic Learning and Genetic Algorithm”, Journal of the American Society for Information Science, pp. 194-216, 1995.
- A. Abraham, “Swarm Intelligence: Foundations, Perspectives and Applications”, Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI) 26, pp. 3–25, 2006.