Author : Pallavi Joshi1 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2016
Abstract: Food poisoning is the major concern now a days. Ever since the packed food items are introduced we cant guarantee the freshness of food item. Now a days we are hearing so many complaints about food poisoning in restaurants and hotels because of the continuous degradation on quality of food. Keeping this in mind an embedded system for checking the quality of food is designed. This paper tells about the functioning of the model designed for checking whether the food which you are going to eat is healthy or not. It is a real-time food monitoring system for the smart phones. The smart phones gets data (PH of food) from the sensor interfaced with the microcontroller. The sensed data is then sent to the smart phone via Bluetooth. Android Platform is used for smart phone . This system provides an affordable quick solution that can be used at any place where food is served. It helps people to know whether the food is healthy or not thereby preventing them from different diseases caused by food. In this project, Android smartphone and a Bluetooth interfaced with microcontroller are used to acquire the PH value.
- A. Tahat, M. Khalaf, O. Elmuhesen, ”A solar energy water heater remote monitoring and control system, “International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems, and Applications (ICEDSA), pp. 98-103,April 2011.
- HC-05, Bluetooth to Serial Port Module [Online]. Available: http: //www. Electronica studio .com /docs /istd016A. Pdf
- J. A. Fonseca, et al, "Pulmonary Function Electronic Monitoring Devices: A Randomized Agreement Study", CHEST Publications Journal, Vol. 128, pp. 1258-1265, 2005
- Nuria Lopez-Ruiz, Julio Lopez-Torres, Miguel Angel Carvajal Rodríguez, Isabel Pérez de Vargas-Sansalvador, and Antonio Martinez-Olmos : Wearable System for Monitoring of Oxygen Concentration in Breath Based on Optical Sensor, IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, VOL. 15, NO. 7, JULY 2015
- A. Kassem, M. Hamad, C. El-Moucary, E. Neghawi, G. Bou Jaoude, and C. Merhej:Asthma Care Apps, 2013 2nd International Conference on Advances in Biomedical Engineering
- Engin Mendi, Ocal Ozyavuz, Emrah Pekesen and Coskun Bayrak: Food Intake Monitoring System for Mobile Devices, 2013 IEEE