Author : D.Ashwini 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2016
Abstract: Generally people dont know which medicine to take in and the use of that medicine as they end up taking wrongly. Also now a days the expiry dates of the medicine are not seen by most of the people as they have no time for all these. Mostly they forget to take medicines at times. So, there should be always a need of care takers as there is no auto medication system. These problems can be avoided in implementing the automated Medikit system which is RFID based. It indicates the medication which the patient should intake and provides the information about the name, use and the expiry date of the medicine. It displays the details as well as reads in voice also says about the count of the medicines. Heart beat and Glucose sensors are used and the values are automatically updated.
- Atom P.Dhawan, William J.Heetderks, Misha Pavel “Current and future challenges in point-of-care technologies: A Paradigm-shift in Affordable Global Healthcare with personalized and preventive medicine,” IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, vol 3, 2015
- Caroline HD Jones, Jeremy Howick, Nia W Roberts, “Primary Care Clinicians’ Attitudes towards Point-Of-Care Blood Testing: A Systematic Review of Qualitative Studies”. BioMed Central Research 2013.
- Xiao-Fei Teng, Yuan-Ting Zhang, Carmen C. Y. Poon, “Wearable Medical systems for p-health”. IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, vol.1, 2008.
- Xiaodong Lin, Rongxing Lu, Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, Yoshiaki Nemoto “SAGE: A Strong Privacy-Preserving Scheme Against Global Eavesdropping for eHealth Systems”. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol.27, No.4, May 2009.
- Shucheng Yu, Kui Ren, Wenjing Lou “FDAC: Toward Fine-Grained Distributed Data Access Control in Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol.22, No.4, April 2011.
- T. Young, P.E Peppard, and D.J.Gottlieb,”Epidemiology of obstructive sleep apnea: A Population health perspective,” Amer. J. Respirat.Critical Care Med., vol.165,no.9,pp. 1217-1239, 2002.
- The report of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine task force, “Sleep- related breathing disorders in adults: Recommendations for syndrome definition and measurement techniques in clinical research,” sleep, vol.22, no.5, pp. 667-689, 1999.
- T.Douglas and J.S. Floras, “Sleep Apnea and heart failure: Part 1: Obstructive sleep apnea , “circulation ,vol. 107, no. 12, pp. 1671-1678, 2003.
- K. Narkiewicz, N. Montano, C.Cogliati, P.J. Van de Borne, M.E. Dyken, and V.K. Somers, “Altered cardiovascular variability in obstructive sleep Apnea ,” circulation,vol.98,no.11,pp.1071-1077,1998.
- A.D. Calvin, F.N. Albuquerque, F. Lopez-Jimenez, and V.K.Somers, “Obstructive sleep apnea, inflammation, and the metabolic syndrome,” Metabolic syndrome Rel.Disorders, vol.7, no.4, pp. 271-277, 2009.
- C.P. Price and L.J. Kricka, “Improving health care accessibility through point-of-care technologies,”Clin. Chem., vol. 53, no.9, pp. 16651675, sep.2007.