Author : Viplove Divyasheesh 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2016
Abstract: We review the current state of Genetic Algorithms in image enhancement problems in Astroinformatics. Genetic Algorithm is related to biological background, in sense that it follows Darwin theory of natural evolution the survival of the fittest. In this theory Sir Charles Darwin implies that one individual who is fit among the population will survive and reproduce to next generation. The genetic algorithm is first proposed by John Holland in 1975. In genetic algorithms first of all we will understand some terminologies to get insight of the process. Main terms are gene, chromosome, individual, population. Gene is smallest unit of information carrying capacity. Individual is a set of genes carrying information and further set of individuals is population.
- Eastman, T., Borne, K., Green, J, Grayzeck, E., McGuire, R., & Sawyer, D.: e-Science and Archiving for Space Science. Data Science Journal, 4, 67-76 (2005)
- X.Z.Gao, βSoft Computing Methods for Control and Instrumentation,β Institute of Intelligent Power Electronics Publications Espoo, pp.4, May 1999.
- J.H. Holland, βAdaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems,β’, University of Michigan Press, pp.183, 1975, re-issued by MIT Press 1992.
- A.A. Abarghouei, and A. Ghanizadeh, and S.M. Shamsuddin, β Advances of Soft Computing Methods in Edge Detection,β Int. J. Advance. Soft Comput. Appl., Vol. 1, pp.165, November 2009.
- Dr. R.K Bhattacharjya, βIntroduction To Genetic Algorithms,β IIT Guwahati, pp.12, 2012
- Poli R., and Cagnoni S, βEvolution of Pseudocolouring Algorithms for Image Enhancementβ, Technical Report:CSRP-97-5, Univ. of Birmingham, pp.22, 1997.
- https://www.spacetelescope.org/projects/fits_l iberator/improc/
- Application of Genetic Algorithm for Image Enhancement and Segmentation. Miss. Komal R. Hole, Prof. Vijay S. Gulhane, Prof. Nitin D. Shellokar