Author : B Mariamma 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2016
Abstract: With 20 million installs a day third-party apps are a major reason for the popularity and addictiveness of Face book. Unfortunately, hackers have realized the potential of using apps for spreading malware and spam. The problem is already significant, as we find that at least 13% of apps in our dataset are malicious. So far, the research community has focused on detecting malicious posts and campaigns. In this paper, we ask the question: given a Face book application, can we determine if it is malicious? Our key contribution is in developing FRAppEFacebooks Rigorous Application Evaluator arguably the first tool focused on detecting malicious apps on Face- Finally, we explore the ecosystem of malicious Face book apps and identify mechanisms that these apps use to propagate. Interestingly, we find that many apps collude and support each other; in our dataset, we find 1,App piggybacking example. Finally, we explore the ecosystem of malicious Face book apps and identify mechanismsthat these apps use to propagate. Interestingly, we find that many apps collude and support each other; in our dataset, we find App piggybacking example.
- 100 social media statistics for 2012. http://thesocialskinny.com/ 100-social-media-statistics-for2012/
- Million Bulk email addresses for sales SalePrice$90. http://www.allhomebased.com/ BulkEmailAddresses.htm
- Apppiggy backing example. https://apps.facebook.com/My Page Keeper/ status=scam_report_fb_survey_scam_Converse_shoes_20 12_05_17_boQ
- Application authentication flow using oath 2.0. http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ authentication/.
- Bit defender Safe go. http: //www.facebook.com/bitdefender.safego.
- bit.ly API. http://code.google.com/p/ bitly-api/wiki/Api Documentation.
- Defense Social Web Security. http://www.facebook. com/apps/application.php?id=177000755670.
- Facebook developers. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ appsonfacebook/tutorial/.
- Face book kills App Directory, wants users to search for apps. http://zd.net/MkBY9k.
- Face book Open graph API. http://developers. facebook.com/docs/reference/api/.
- Face book softens its app spam controls, introduces better tools for developers. http://bit.ly/LLmZpM.
- Face book tops 900 million users. http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/23/ technology/facebookq1/index.htm.