Author : Sumana Sarkar 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2016
Abstract: This paper presents a new approach for providing limited information only that is necessary for fund transfer during online shopping thereby safe guarding customer data and increasing customer confidence and preventing identity theft. In recent time there is rapid growth in E-Commerce market. Major concerns for customers in online shopping are debit card or credit card fraud and personal information security. Identity theft and phishing are common threats of online shopping. The approach uses combined application of BPCS Steganography and visual cryptography for this purpose. Payment portal, a channel between consumers and payment processors, use numerous security tools to secure a consumers payment information, ordinarily card data, during an online transaction. Moreover, not all merchants provide a secure payment environment to their consumers and, in spite of having a standard payment plan, adhere to it. Consequently, this exposes a consumers payment information to risks of being compromised or misused by merchants or stolen by hackers and spammers.
- Jihui Chen, Xiaoyao Xie, and Fengxuan Jing, "The security of shopping online," Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Electronic and Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology (EMEIT), vol. 9,pp. 4693-4696, 2011
- Javelin Strategy & Research, β2013 Identify Fraud Report,β https://www.javelinstrategy.com/brochure/276.
- Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), βPhishing Activity Trends Report,2013,βhttp://docs.apwg.org/reports/apwg_tr ends_report_q2_2013.pdf .
- Jack Brassil, Steven Low, Nicholas Maxemchuk, Larry O’Gorman, βHiding Information in Document Images,β Proceedings of the 1995 Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Johns Hopkins University, pp. 482-489, 1995.
- J. Chen, T. S. Chen, M. W. Cheng, βA New Data Hiding Scheme in Binary Image,β Proceeding of Fifth International Symposium on Multimedia Software Engineering, pp. 88-93, 2003.
- Hu ShengDun, U. KinTak, βA Novel Video Steganography Based on Non-uniform Rectangular Partition,β Proceding of 14th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 57-61, Dalian, Liaoning, 2011.
- Daniel Gruhl, Anthony Lu, Walter Bender, βEcho Hiding,β Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Information Hidding, pp. 293- 315, Cambridge, UK, 1996.
- Walter Bender, Daniel Gruhl, Norishige Morimoto, A. Lu, βTechniques for Data Hiding,β IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 35, Nos. 3 & 4, pp. 313- 336, 1996.
- K. Bennet, βLinguistic Steganography: Surevey, Analysis, and Robustness Concerns for Hiding information in Text,β Purdue University, Cerias Tech Report 2004—2013.
- J.C. Judge, βSteganography: Past, Present, Future,β SANS Institute, November 30, 2001.
- M. Naor and A. Shamir, βVisual cryptography,β Advances in Cryptograhy. EUROCRYPT’94, LNCS, vol. 950, pp. 1–12, 1995.
- Jaya, Siddharth Malik, Abhinav Aggarwal, Anjali Sardana, βNovel Authentication System Using Visual Cryptography,β Proceedings of 2011 World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies, pp. 1181-1186, Mumbai, India, 2011.
- Chetana Hegde, S. Manu, P. Deepa Shenoy, K. R. Venugopal, L M Patnaik, βSecure Authentication using Image Processing and Visual Cryptography for Banking Applications,β Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications, pp. 65-72, Chennai, India, 2008